Thursday, November 7, 2013

Weekly Review - Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi

*sips tea and types*

Good morning folks! I'll skip all the craziness and get right down to bitness!

I originally was going to do this review on another animé, but y'all know I like to touch what has been untouched lol. So I ended up finding this little gem called Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (World's Greatest First Love). It's fairly new since it started in 2011 and has 25 episodes to enjoy. Sounds interesting huh? I'm thinking it's another love story of typical sorts, but boy oh boy was I in for a surprise.

So you've got this dude, Ritsu Onodera, who aspires to be an editor-in-chief, or EIC, in literature. Instead he gets placed as an editor for a shojo manga at Murakawa Publishing house. Now his boss, Masamune Takano, is well a jerk, at first glance. He happens to play a vital part in Ritsu's life though.  Here's where it gets juicy... Ritsu and Masamune went to high school together.  At that time, Ritsu made a critical move that puts our story in to motion...

He confesses his love to Masamune!!!!

You guessed it! Ladies and gentleman, you have just started a journey with me to the world of  homosexual anime. Trust me when I say this isn't for those who have "issues" with guy-on-guy action. As a matter of fact, I applaud the creators for taking on such a controversial topic and lifestyle. It's not often you get a glimpse into what could possibly be the life of a gay man. I'm not saying this series will teach you everything you know,  but the truth is even men have inner battles regarding their feelings and emotions.  The one thing I had an issue with is how the main character reminds me of a male version of Hinata, but a lot more outspoken and straightforward at times. 

There are a good handful of flashbacks that the series refers to. The issue is there is none! Unlike most other animes, these don't take away from the main storyline.  In fact, they help enhance each character as they are introduced. You don't have to wait forever and a day just to understand why a character is the way that they are. They get to the point and I likes that!

So this one I recommend more for the LGBT and female viewers. If you're a guy and curious about WGFL, then I encourage you to take a peek! Doesn't mean you're a homosexual, have "tendencies", etc. All it means is that you watch anime without discrimination. Either way, do what you do.  For everyone else,  go and enjoy! Leave some feedback!! And keep the bigotry to yourself!!!

Walk in loooove ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment