Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Weekly Review: FullMetal Alchemist

What is up my people???

I've missed you guys... Noo really I did!!! So even with the fact of knowing that I've got wonderful goodies waiting for me tomorrow, I'm doing a review.

My wonderful boyfriend tells me that my reviews are more like previews and that's alright with me. From what I know you guys enjoy my reviews and I plan to continue to give you my opinion on what I watch. As long we all having a few good laughs right? *high five*

So this week, I went with Fullmetal Alchemist. I've been doing a marathon with this since Saturday and man I've forgotten how many feels this pulls right out of your gut! I've had one too many epis leave me in tears! Damn writers lol. But that should be a good thing right? It's mixed in perfectly with the humor bits between the brothers and other characters in the series and the more serious parts of the show.

Alright before I get ahead of myself, Fullmetal Alchemist, or FMA, follows brothers Alfonse and Edward Elric on their journey to find a Philosopher's Stone. They need it to regain their bodies. Ed has a metal right arm and left leg that he lost while trying to bring his mother and brother back from the dead. Al is the younger brother whose soul lives in a giant knight's armor. That is where Ed placed his brother to keep him alive after a human transmutation that went horribly wrong. But the boys go on this search and they come across a wide array of characters, both human and monstrous alike!!

This is probably one of the few sci-fi animes that I can honestly say that I enjoy as a whole. It has its choice of filler epis, but even those are enjoyable and give more meaning to the story line. When I say shit gets real??? Yeah it does!!! I'm sitting here watching it now and I'm like damnit these cliffhangers are killing me!! I can deal, but I refuse to stop watching. These kids had to grow up real fast and real quick due to all the mess they've been through. I'll honestly say I can relate to the characters mainly due to the fact that my childhood borderline reflects theirs (my mother is alive and well though). You sense the love and feel the loss! Oooh I was ready to kick this one guys ass for taking his four year old daughter and their dog and turning them into a creature that talks called a chimera (pronounced ki-mare-uh). I fell in love with the kid just like the Elric brothers did. I was ready to fight!! Ugh!!

I will say this... As the series progressed the title and ending songs don't even fit!! I'm like the hell is this mess?! A damn love song and these fools are in the middle of a fight?! Yeah they killed me with that right there. That's honestly my only complaint. FMA is definitely one you have to pick up if you don't have it yet. Black Friday is coming up so get yo happy ass to wherever it is you buy your anime from and go get it!!! Seriously you won't regret it in my opinion.

If you guys know of any other good anime out there, old and new, please hit me up via email at
saki.adpod@gmail.com or leave comments below. Share this with your friends if you enjoyed it!

Happy Thanksgiving and hope everyone else has a kick ass week!!!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment